- Engage with representatives from across the Australian water sector
- Benefit the water industry and their customers through better asset management solutions
- Develop a strong understanding of contemporary issues in asset management for the water sector
The Water Services Association of Australia (WSAA) is the peak body of the Australian urban water industry. Its members provide water and sewerage services to over 20 million Australians and to many of our largest industrial and commercial enterprises.
We are seeking an engineer with at least 5 years' experience for a 12 month initial period with the potential to become permanent after that. The person should be an energetic, people-oriented, self-starter with an asset related background with project management experience. We offer the opportunity to build a strong network across the Australian water sector and assist in addressing contemporary issues in asset management. Salary will be based on level of experience.
You will need to have:
- A good technical understanding of civil, mechanical or process engineering, preferably with an understanding of design standards;
- Demonstrated ability to engage with people, understand their needs and requirements and deliver outcomes that meet those requirements;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve outcomes in a timely manner through influencing others without direct authority;
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects;
- Experience in contract management;
- Ability to provide leadership to multidisciplinary teams;
- Ability to present using a variety of mediums;
- Strong verbal and written skills;
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills;
- The ability to work independently and engage with colleagues in multiple office locations; and
- Ability to develop a strong network of contacts within water utilities, other industries, service providers and research partners.
To be considered for this position, you must include in your application a current CV and a cover letter addressing the 'Professional Requirements' found in the position description.
Applications close 5.00pm Tuesday 26 April 2016. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Greg Ryan, Manager, Utility Excellence
03 8605 7611