Research, development and innovation are key tools for the water industry to lower costs, and enhance value for our customers and communities. The urban water industry makes great progress as it seeks to meet the challenges we face in ensuring our services are accessible for everyone and that we can play a key role in helping our communities be sustainable, healthy and resilient. As an industry, we seek to come together and advance the sector in six key research priority areas:
- Service Delivery - Making all options for safe, secure and reliable water supply available.
- Supply Optimisation - Making all options for safe, secure and reliable water supply available.
- Customers - Securing customer support to meet community expectations.
- Workforce - Building an industry of choice.
- Liveability - Expanding water’s role in public and environmental health.
- Circular Economy - Closing the loop on resource generation and use.
This report provides a snapshot of our progress through exciting case-studies and celebrates the progress and connections made through this work.