This Appraisal is for a range of FRIALEN PE100 electrofusion fittings manufactured to AS/NZS 4129:2008 Fittings for polyethylene (PE) pipes for pressure applications. This Issue 4 is to address a future work item to update AS/NZS 4020 testing for the nominated PE compound. An updated ISO 9001 certificate for Vinidex has also been included.
FRIALEN electrofusion fittings are manufactured by FRIATEC AG in Mannheim, Germany, and distributed throughout Australia by Vinidex Pty Ltd. FRIATEC AG has been granted StandardsMark for the FRIALEN range of electrofusion fittings by SAI Global for compliance with AS/NZS 4129:2008 “Fittings for polyethylene (PE) pipes for pressure applications”.
The FRIALEN electrofusion range includes:
- Electrofusion couplers, reducers, tees, elbows and caps in sizes DN 20 to DN 630 depending on the individual product.
- Electrofusion branch saddles and tapping tees
The FRIALEN electrofusion range is rated to PN 16 and is used in the civil, mining and irrigation sectors. PN 25 and PN 10 rated fittings are also available for specialist applications.
The FRIATEC FRIALEN range of electrofusion fittings has several unique features:
- Embedded heating coil for improved fusion,
- Longer fusion zone for more security and
- Long insertion depth for a perfect result.