- Full-time, 18-month contract based in Melbourne
- Engage with representatives from across the Australian and NZ water sector
- Drive the future products and services of the industry to provide better health and environment outcomes for customers and the community
- Promote and foster the Sustainable Development Goals within the industry and within the broader national and international economy
The Water Services Association of Australia (WSAA) is the peak body of the Australian urban water industry. Its members provide water and sewerage services to over 20 million customers in Australia and New Zealand and many of Australia's largest industrial and commercial enterprises.
WSAA's Liveable Communities Program seeks to influence the industry's stakeholders and institutions to better align with the long-term interests of customers using the Sustainable Development Goals as the framework to guide our future producers and services. Central to this program is work to ensure consideration of all urban water sources to support economic growth; the use of placemaking as a basis for deeper engagement with the development industry; and ensuring we consider the broader impacts of water in improving wellbeing. This position will involve working closely with some of the most knowledgeable, dynamic and passionate people in this field from around the country.
We are seeking a professional with 3+ years' experience for a full-time position under an 18-month contract with a six-month probationary period. The person should be an energetic, people-oriented, self-starter with experience in the water industry or a related sector. We offer the opportunity to build a strong network across the Australian water sector, support utilities in developing a customer-centric water sector, and assist in addressing contemporary issues in water policy and regulation. Salary is in the range $90-120K inclusion of super, based on level of experience.
Note that the role involves a level of interstate travel to attend meetings including some overnight stays. WSAA promotes workplace flexibility in working hours to accommodate for different workloads, the need to work across multiple time zones and undertake reasonable levels of overtime.
You will need to have:
- A tertiary qualification in a related discipline
- Demonstrated ability to engage with people, understand their needs and requirements and deliver outcomes that meet those requirements
- Demonstrated ability to achieve outcomes in a timely manner through influencing others without direct authority
- Experience in managing and delivering projects
- Ability to coordinate multidisciplinary teams
- Strong verbal, presentation and written skills
- The ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience in the water industry preferred
To be considered for this position, you must include in your application a current CV and a cover letter addressing the 'Professional Requirements' found in the position description.
Applications close 5.00pm Wednesday 6 March 2019. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Manager, Utility Excellence
03 8605 7611