- Opportunity to shape and influence national policies and strategies for the water industry
- Lead the WSAA program on water's role in next generation cities
- Engage with representatives at senior levels from across the Australian water sector
- Full-time, three year contract with the prospect for renewal
The Water Services Association of Australia (WSAA) is the peak body of the Australian urban water industry. Its members provide water and sewerage services to over 20 million Australians and to many of our largest industrial and commercial enterprises.
An opportunity for a Liveable Communities Manager has arisen within the WSAA team. This position can be based in Melbourne or Sydney and will report to a General Manager in the relevant city. This is a key leadership role within the organisation. The Liveable Communities Manager leads, facilitates and supports the advocacy, policy development and project delivery of the future products and services of the urban water industry in Australia and NZ. This includes future sources of supply and leading the city shaping agenda.
WSAA and its members are pursuing specific areas of water for health – beyond the core business of taps and toilets including mental health and urban heat island, water for placemaking – providing opportunities for connectedness with water; and water for growth including Next Gen Water – an integrated urban water environment with stormwater. The role also includes leadership of climate change adaptation and mitigation including support for renewable energy and the emerging circular economy.
We are seeking a professional with at least 10 years experience. You will have clearly demonstrated leadership experience, particularly in strategy development along with influencing and shaping policy. The person we are seeking should be an energetic, people-oriented, self-starter with experience in the water industry, city design or a related sector. We offer the opportunity to build a strong network across the Australian water sector, support water utilities and their customers through leadership and collaboration.
WSAA offers a competitive salary, generous salary packaging benefits professional development opportunities, and flexible working arrangements.
Note that the role involves a level of interstate travel to attend meetings including some overnight stays. WSAA promotes workplace flexibility in working hours to accommodate for different workloads, the need to work across multiple time zones and undertake reasonable levels of overtime.
You will need to have:
- Suitable tertiary or postgraduate qualifications are required.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- An adaptable approach to work recognising that WSAA is a small organisation.
- A demonstrated ability to work well as part of a team and engage with stakeholders at all levels.
- A high level of personal energy, motivated to achieve great outcomes for the urban utility sector.
- A high level of initiative along with a willingness to keep exploring better ways of doing things and pursue new initiatives.
- A high level of professionalism and personal integrity.
To be considered for this position, you must include in your application a current CV and a cover letter addressing the 'key attributes' found in the position description.
Applications close 5.00pm Wednesday 12 June 2019. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Manager Utility Excellence
0418 321 632