- Engage with representatives from across the Australian water sector
- Benefit the water industry and their customers through improved understanding of customer value and its drivers
- Promote reforms that are in the long term interests of customers
The Water Services Association of Australia (WSAA) is the peak body of the Australian urban water industry. Its members provide water and sewerage services to over 20 million customers in Australia and New Zealand and many of Australia’s largest industrial and commercial enterprises.
WSAA’s Customer and Industry Leadership Program seeks to influence the industry’s stakeholders and institutions to better align with the long-term interests of customers. Central to this program is work to better understand customer values and preferences. This position will involve working closely with some of the most knowledgeable, dynamic and passionate people in this field from around the country.
We are seeking a professional with 5+ years' experience for a full-time position under three year contract with a six month probationary period. The person should be an energetic, people-oriented, self-starter with experience in the water industry or a related sector. We offer the opportunity to build a strong network across the Australian water sector, support utilities in developing a customer-centric water sector, and assist in addressing contemporary issues in water policy and regulation. Salary will be based on level of experience.
You will need to have:
- A tertiary qualification in communications, business, economics, science or related discipline
- Demonstrated ability to engage with people, understand their needs and requirements and deliver outcomes that meet those requirements;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve outcomes in a timely manner through influencing others without direct authority;
- Experience in managing and delivering projects;
- Ability to coordinate multidisciplinary teams;
- Good data analysis skills
- Strong verbal, presentation and written skills;
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and
- Experience in the water industry preferred
To be considered for this position, you must include in your application a current CV and a cover letter addressing the 'Professional Requirements' found in the position description.
Applications close 5.00pm Friday 7 September 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Stuart Wilson, Deputy Executive Director