WSAA is in the development phase of one of its major projects - Opex Benchmarking 2018. The study will enable the 24 utility participants direct involvement in the project design, development and implementation.
The study will also allow participants to:
- benchmark their operating costs across the value chain against their peers
- identify opportunities for business improvements and efficiency gains
- demonstrate their effective provision of industry-leading services.
To ensure we deliver a robust and improved benchmarking method for our participants in 2018, WSAA is focussing on the following areas:
- comprehensive descriptions of cost categories and normalisers
- stronger engagement with utilities and provision of project support materials
- use of Tableau analytics to deliver interesting, interactive and bespoke reporting
- documenting the end-to-end process to establish the method and approach for future use by the industry.
It’s not too late for WSAA utility members to join, please contact Diane Nolder for more information.