This appraisal is for a range of DN 15 and DN 20 metal-bodied service connection ball valves for meter assembly applications manufactured in compliance with AS 4796:2016 Water supply – Metal bodied and plastic bodied ball valves for property service connection.
This Issue 2 is to include ball valves that incorporate a “sleeve” to allow a certified Dual Check Valve to be inserted as an integrated component of the ball valve. An additional ball valve has also been added to the range (C8423).
The ball valves are rated as PN 16 and operated using a tamper-proof lockable lever handle.
The end configurations for the DN 20 ball valves include:
- 1” BSP male to 1” meter female nut
- DN 25 PE compression joint to 1” meter female nut
- DN 25 PE compression joint to ¾” male thread
- DN 32 PE compression joint to 1” meter female nut
- DN 32 PE compression joint to DN 25 PE compression joint
The 1” meter female nuts are suitable for joining to the male threads on a standard DN 20 domestic water meter, a DN 20 NSW/ACT domestic water meter (which is different to other states) or a 1” BSP thread on a DN 20 domestic water meter for non-drinking water.
The end configurations for the DN 15 ball valves include
- 1” male to ¾” BSP female nut
- DN 25 PE compression joint to ¾” BSP female nut
The ball valves are manufactured from dezincification resistant copper alloy and incorporate a Grade 316 stainless steel ball.